Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Customizable Favorites Tab Layout

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We sync and structure our All Entries tab by OU, resulting in lots Groups, and lots of buried RDP sessions. Every user gets a lot more than they really need to do their job functions. If we have users whose managed sessions are in different OUs, it's difficult to get to the set of sessions they want.
We thought the Favorites tab would be useful, and it gets us somewhere, but there's things we'd like improved:

We'd like to have a truly customizable Favorites tab. It would be stored locally: We should be able to create new groups. We should be able to change which groups a certain session belongs to. We should be able to favorite a session on the All Entries tab without it's group being pulled into the Favorites tab. Any changes to the Favorites tab SHOULD NOT impact the All Entries tab - it should truly be a user preference / experience.

The above is the request, now just brainstorming for you:
With the current data structure it might need to be a new tab... a "User Views" tab. With a drop-down of saved Views. Each view is just a map with customized groups/sessions for a specific function. One hour I need to use Sessions "X", so I use view "X" which has all the necessary connections/sessions. View "Y" is unique and has it's own sessions. Individual views/profiles, for different roles? It would be nice to push out a nice view of all the sessions a certain Role of employees uses (stored in shared), and still have the All Entries tab separately. Shared views could display in a different drop down or different section from the Local (personal/user) Views.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
the custom favorite view is on our todo list. I can give you a time frame but this is something often requested and I hope to add this in the next major release of RDM

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Sure - what's the timeframe?

Second Related Request: We'd also like a user preference to by default open to the Favorites Tab (instead of All Entries) on RDM startup.

Clock2 yrs

I can give you a timeframe but not before this summer. For your other request I have good news. This is already implemented and it will be available in the next beta. You will be able to select a specifc navigation tab or re-open the last selected.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs