Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Variables in Data Report Query

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

%3Cp%3Ehi%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3Ehow%20can%20i%20use%20variables%20in%20a%20data%20report%20query%3F%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3Ehow%20can%20i%26nbsp%3Bset%20the%20default%20value%20from%20a%20data%20report%20parameter%20with%20a%20value%20from%20a%20variable%3F%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3Eit%20works%20when%20i%20set%20a%20static%20default%20value%20in%20a%20Parameter%20and%20use%20this%20parameter%20in%20a%20query%2C%20but%20i%20need%20the%20value%20for%20the%20query%20from%20a%20parent%20custom%20field%21%3C/p%3E%3Cp%3Eklaus%3C/p%3E

Clock2 yrs

hi
how can i use variables in a data report query
how can i set the default value from a data report parameter with a value from a variable
it works when i set a static default value in a Parameter and use this parameter in a query
but i need the value for the query from a parent custom field
klaus

Clock2 yrs

another question
can i use variables in data report Connection string?
klaus

Clock2 yrs

another question too
in the rdm help at data Report ther is the info:
This supports multiple queries in the statement and will display the results in different tab pages.
but i Can not do this with an ODBC mysql query
klaus

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

It may be confusing to follow because we have our Dynamic Variables that allow to get information from RDM itself, or the SQL report variables.

Sadly our Dynamic variables are not integrated with the data report type. Its surprising really, I wonder how we've never gotten that request. I will move this topic in the Feature Request forum.

As for the multiple queries, it makes used of a feature called Multiple Active Result Sets. In your Connection String, please go in the advanced settings and have a look to find a property called MultipleActiveResultSets or MARS_xxx. IF there is one, you could set it to TRUE. If its not there, maybe the driver doesnt support it.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

hi
thanks
looking Forward to a new release supporting this Feature
klaus

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

We will add support for variables in the Connection String with the next version of RDM.

Unfortunately at the moment we cannot allow variables in the parameters. What you can do though is directly put your variables in the query. This should already work in the latest stable version of RDM. Does this work for your use case?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Ok
Thank you
Klaus

Clock2 yrs