Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Support

Using Kitty as default SSH Client

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
I'm running RDM Free, version 2.5.1.0.
I want to use Kitty instead of Putty for SSH sessions.
How do I make it the default? How do I tell RDM Free where the Kitty application is loaded?

Thanks

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Firstly, in your sessions, select Default in the Application field in the Advanced tab.
2017+01+25+11+59+42

Secondly, go in File -> Options -> Types -> Putty and select Kitty in the dropdown menu.
2017+01+25+12+02+19

In conclusion, In File -> Options -> Path, search for Putty and override the executable path
2017+01+25+12+04+38

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

2017-01-25_11-59-42.jpg
2017-01-25_12-02-19.jpg
2017-01-25_12-04-38.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hi Thanks for the suggestion, however its not working properly. I updated RDM Free to version 3.0.6.0.
When I make the changes you suggested, and attempt to list Kitty sessions, it starts Kitty but doesn't let me choose a session.
I have attached a image of my Kitty screen. I organized them in folders, do you think that is the problem?

kitty.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

You are right, the list is empty.

Our engineering department will have a look at this to be able to display the list of sessions from Kitty.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We have done some tests and opening a session that is not in a folder works fine.

Do you have a command line that allows you to open a session inside a folder in Kitty?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Yes Kitty can do it.

So that command will be:
kitty -folder "folder name" -load "session name"
I have already configured Kitty as savemode=dir, and tested this command and it successfully opened the session

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will have support for the "portable mode" of Kitty starting with the next build of RDM. There will be an option to specify if you are in portable mode (check the attached screenshot). Once checked, it should allow you to see the list of Kitty sessions located in <kittyInstallFolder>\Sessions

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2017-01-30 1-08-29 PM.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Thank you so much for this.
When the new build is rolled, i will test it.

Clock3 yrs

Have you tried to rename kitty.exe to putty.exe ?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Putty does not support folders.
Kitty has several features that putty does not, which is why I use it over Putty.

Clock3 yrs