Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Allow Export Private vault only?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Please add possibility to allow users to export their Private Vault, without allowing them to export from the shared vault in the data source.
We need this so our users can export their private credentials, for safe keeping every now and then.
But we don't wish to allow users to export from the shared vault.
(same goes for import)

BR

Michael

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
What version do you use? I thought it was already possible to do that with the private vault.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

RDM 12.0.2.0
DVLS 4.0.3.0 (data source)

With permissions set to not allow import or export for every user and group they are member of.
If I allow export on my own user, then I can export both shared and private vault objects.

BR
Michael

Clock2 yrs

Thank you. I will verify this and make a fix for the private vault

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

This has been changed internally and it will be available in the next version of RDM. The import and export menus will now be enabled when in the private vault.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thank you, looking forward to the update...

Clock2 yrs

I just had an experience where my Private Vault was empty, fixed it after restart of RDM.
But I then had a thought about Undeleting deleted items in private vaults.
I can see that Administration-> View Deleted is not available for users inside their Private vault.
Is it possible to even restore deleted items inside private vaults?
(Sorry for not starting a new thread)

Clock2 yrs

Michael,

Unfortunately this is impossible for the moment as we do not save the deleted item history for the private vault. It would be interesting to add but we can't make any promise for the moment.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs