Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Automatically enter offline mode

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi all!
I would like to suggest RDM to be a bit more user friendly.
What often happens:

You work in the office with a connected datasource. Around 5 pm you quickly grab your laptop (let is sleep) and go home....
When after having given yourself a moment to grab a bite and spend some quality time you decide to continue were you left off.
So you open up your laptop, let it come out of it's very small hibernation and the first thing that pops up are the error messages from Remote Desktop Manager.... *sigh*
So twice"The remote name could not be resolved:"
Then "DVSL server is not responding"
After that offline mode is not even automatically activated. (this might be something else, so the attention has to go to the messages)

What I would suggest is that RDM has an icon on the right side of the status bar that shows the RDM networking status. This could be offline, online or disconnected. And that RDM does not show all the error messages. Just automatically go into offline mode or if one would not have offline licensed, show a disconnected icon.
If people have issues, the errors could be found in the log, or add an option to enable the messages from appearing. (just for testing sake)

Any thoughts on this?

One other thing; When you disconnect from the network, RDP sessions (mstsc) will try 20 times to reconnect. RDM uses this feature as well. I know that in the RDP file you can change this with the setting 'autoreconnect max retries:i:10'. Can this be leveraged somehow within RDM? So that in case of the example above, all sessions are just gone in RDM without all the RDP disconnect errors.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I have added your suggestion to our todo list. I will see what can do exactly. For your other request, you would like RDM to not try the auto reconnect?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

for the RDP-Thing:

In RDM-Options -> Types there is a setting: Keep tab page opened on disconnect

would that help you Sjoerd?

regards
Markus

Best Regards
Markus

======================

Clock2 yrs

Markus,

I have tried unchecking that, but it does not change anything.
However in a different thread I noticed David telling us that you guys are developing a replacement for MS RDP.
That might change a lot. Is there any news on that topic?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs

We are progressing well. The challenge is to execute FreeRDP in separate process to isolate any issue we could get. We have some internal prototypes and I hope to release a beta next month.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs