Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Allow alternative methods for 2-form factor auth

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

At the moment, only the administrator has the ability to change the method used for 2-factor authentication.

If a user is set to use Google Authenticator, and their phone goes flat, they can't use the software without contacting an administrator.

I would like to see function where the administrator can allow the user to use a primary method, ie Google Auth and then secondary method(s) such as email. If the user runs the program, they are presented with the primary auth method but are also given an option to "use alternative method" which then shows them the secondary methods that the administrator has chosen.

This way, if the users phone goes flat, they can click alternative method and use email without needing to contact anyone.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
This is a good idea. We have another feature we want to add:

One time user code. This will be a one generated code generated list per user. The user print it and can use the code once to login. He can generate a new list when he want to reset the current list or if the list is completely used:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1187538?hl=en

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

That wouldn't be something we would use as we only use the software for staff, but I can see how that would be useful for others.

Clock2 yrs

I'm not sure to understand why it would not work for your staff. Each of you staff could print his own list as a backup list if they lose their phone. But I agree that having an alternate 2FA method would be simpler for them.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

To be honest, the main reason is because I know I will get staff saying "it's my private phone if you want me to use it for work you should pay for it" - stupid, I know, but that's what some people are like.

The lists would work, but again, I know staff will just say that's too hard.

Maybe we need new staff?? hehehe

Clock2 yrs