Forum / Devolutions Password Server - Support

Devolutions Client: Internal Server Error

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello

Since updating to Devolutions Server 4.0.3.0, I receive an internal server error when browsing to Devolutions Client over the web.
However, connections from Remote Desktop Manager are working well.

Today, I updated to Devolutions Server 4.0.6.0, but I still receive the same error:

Thank you for your support.

Clock3 yrs

Hello John,
I have assigned your thread and someone from the support will contact you.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I also upgraded this morning from 4.0.3 to 4.0.6 and getting the same error.

With that said...It only appears to me to be affecting the web browser UI. I have been able to connect via the RDM client and the iOS app.

Clock3 yrs

We are investigating. We will be back shortly

Sorry about that

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Could you please check if the IIS Rewrite Module is installed on your server? On the DVLS Console, click on the Server Diagnostic button.

If it is not installed, you can download the IIS Rewrite Module here https://www.iis.net/downloads/microsoft/url-rewrite

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Erica,

Thank you. That fixed it for us.

Clock3 yrs

Scratch that... it fixed the 500 error, but still unable to log in.

------------------------------------
The following error was received by a user at 1/4/2017 8:27:27 AM
Error:
NullReferenceException - Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Devolutions.Server.Controllers.APIControllers.v2.BackendApiController.Login2(HttpRequestMessage request, JObject requestData, Boolean partialMode) in c:\Dev\devolutions\Websites\Server\Website\Controllers\APIControllers\BackendApiController.Login.cs:line 261 at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] ) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__5.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.d__0.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.d__2.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.d__0.MoveNext() --- Default
Source:
Devolutions.Server

Clock3 yrs

Hi Sam,

Do you have a non-alphanumeric character in your username ?

Regards

Sébastien Crête

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

yes...

domain\username

Clock3 yrs

Hi Sam,

Is it possible to know your username ? We observe that we have some problem with specific character after the "\" symbol.

Regards,

Sébastien Crête

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I PM'd it to you

Clock3 yrs

Thank you, I installed the rewrite module, it's working now.

Clock3 yrs

Hi Sam,

We currently investigate the bug. But temporary, I think you can double the "\" in the username textbox (domain\\username). It seems working for now by this way.

I will inform you when the bug will be fix.

Regards,

Sébastien Crête

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Sébastien,

Yes, the \\ works for me as well for a work-around.

Thanks and look forward to the resolution.

Clock3 yrs