Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Easier access to the RDM powershell module

• Create an Issue

Due to the fact that RDM is limited (Microsoft limitation from what I understand) from being able to embed elevated consoles if it is not elevated itself (which causes its own set of problems Whaaaaa? ) I would like to be able to more easily install the RDM powershell module/add the powershell module. Right now, I have to install it by accessing the path to the DLL correctly, which is fairly non-intuitive. Other 3rd party snapins install themselves to be called much more easily - for example:

add-pssnapin -name citrix.xenapp.command 
or
 add-pssnapin -name vmware*

That's much easier then trying to identify the path.

thanks,

David F.

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

When you use the name only, the module needs to be in a module directory. For examples:
C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules
C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules

The reason why our module can't be there is because the module has dll dependencies that are in the RDM application folder.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David,

As a workaround, you could unzip and add the folder that I attached in this post to one of your module path (Ex: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules). You can find them by using $env:PSModulePath.

There are two files in the folder. In the file RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.psm1, you need to write the path to the RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.dll or RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.psd1 where RDM is installed if you didn't install RDM at the default location.

Then you will be able to import the module that way:

Import-Module -Name RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

RemoteDesktopManager.PowerShellModule.zip
Clock2 yrs