Greetings!

When I use PVM, I catch myself pressing ⌘F to enter the search box on the top-right, but have observed that this shortcut appears to do nothing when using the app. I see "Find" in the Edit menu, but it is typically grayed out. Unless it's assigned elsewhere, could I request that ⌘F activate the search box for super-speedy searching?

Thank you!

Clock2 yrs

Sure, it seems easy enough to do. I'll look it up and come back to you when it's done.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

awesome--thank you! smile

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

It has been implemented and will be in the next version of RDM, RDM Free, PVM and PVM Free (not the version 4.0.1.0 since it got out today).

The "Find..." menu is usually dependent on the current focused controls. In this case, if the Tree View is the focused control, it's going to set the focus to the search field. But the behavior would be different on other controls.

To go around this, I've added a new menu item named "Find in Data Source..." with ⇧⌘F as it's equivalent key:
FindInDataSource

This menu item is not dependent on the currently focused control, so I would recommend using this one.

I've looked around some other app (Xcode.app, for example) and they pretty much seem to do similar thing.

I've used the occasion to bind the Copy and Paste under Edit menu to our Copy and Paste functionality when the Tree View is focused.

Let me know if you can think of anything else that could improve the user experience.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

FindInDataSource.png
Clock2 yrs

@xavier that is perfect. thank you for the update!

Clock2 yrs