Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Bug Report

Can't create SSH tunel

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,
I'm trying to create SSH tunnel, and not matter what I do when I try to save I get an error "The host name is required".
All hosts, ports and necessary fields filled correctly.
I use Mac OS Sierra.

Anyone succeed to create SSH tunnel on mac?

Sincerely,
Dima

Clock3 yrs

I've found the issue and I'll fix it right away.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

This will be fixed in the next release.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thank for quick response.

In addition I have found another bug.
If you create session using native SSH tunnel and use private key without passphrase, the clients anyway asks for passphrase, choosing "Cancel" (the only one option) breaks the connection.

Sincerely,
Dima

Clock3 yrs

This is weird. In my test, I do get prompt for the passphrase, but if I click cancel, it continues and connects me without issue. Are we both talking about this SSH Tunnel:
SSH+Tunnel

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

SSH Tunnel.png
Clock3 yrs

Sorry, I just realized you were talking about the native SSH tunnel. I'll look it up right away.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I've investigated and am unable to reproduce the issue. For the native SSH Tunnel, we try setting up the private key without passphrase and if it fails we prompt for it. Are you sure your private key doesn't have a passphrase? If it is so, could you try exporting said connection and send it to me via private message (you can open it with a text editor and remove any sensitive information). I want to see if it has anything to do with some configuration.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

A new version (4.0.1.0) is out with a fix for the issue preventing you to save a SSH Tunnel.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs