Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Password history button

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have asked for this before and I was told to look for in version 8 but I still do not see it.
There should be a Password change history button next to the password reveal button and the password generator button.
Many times the password gets changed but we find old scripts that still use old password and we no longer know what the past password was.
It would be nice to hit the password history button and see the last several times the password was changed with a date when changed.

RDM 8.1 Enterprise

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Perhaps I misunderstood the initial request. We now have a password history. However it's not next to the reveal password. This is a little bit complex to add.

http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/home_passwordhistory.htm

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Thank you I do see that password history option when I go in as administrator.

I have reserved the administrative role to one user for security reasons so we can control user abilities then we created a team of standard RDM users that are given full "Add Edit Delete" on sessions so they are "sudo" administrators to manage sessions. Would there be any way to delegate this password history option to selected users and not require administrator role? I would like session manager team to have this password history control without giving them access to everything.

Clock6 yrs

Added note the button ideal next to the password reveal and password generator button would be better then having it buried in the menu. Maybe an icon with a clock with an arrow going in reverse. This should be a delegated option to users in the user controls also.

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I already have on my todo list to add the View password history for non admin. I will see what I can do for the button next to the generator.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs