Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Credential Issue with Hyper-v Console

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I created a hyper-v Console.
I used credentials from the credential repository
On the tools section when creating the entry I set Credentials to "Use Session Credentials"

When I open the session I get a list of all VMs on the Hyper-V server.
If I right click on a VM and select Connect, I get a password dialog box with LOCALMACHINE\administrator, asking for a password.
If I change user and put the correct DOMAIN\administrator and my password it connects correctly.

This Hyper-V console is in a domain that is different than the local machine.

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

The Tools credentials are for remote tools from our dashboard, or for Macros/Scripts/Tools.

What you're looking for is not an existing feature. I will move this to a feature request forum.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Why doesn't the hyper-v console use the same credentials to connect to guest session as it does to the host?

Clock2 yrs

I think there might be some confusion on the issue.

This maybe a bug. I created another hyper-v console that attached to a hyper-v system in the same domain as the workstation and it worked correctly

In the working system...
I click on my hyper-v console session and select open session, the session opens
I right click on a hyper-v guest and select connect, the session opens
I hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE and I get a login prompt for the guest.

In the failing system
I click on my hyper-v console session and select open session, the session opens
I right click on a hyper-v guest and select connect, the session does NOT connect and it gives a login box coming from my local computer

If I say "use another account" and type in the correct credentials it does open the session and then I can send the CTRL-ALT-DEL to connect to the guest.

the feature to connect to the session and then send the local guest credentials would be a nice feature. But I am not getting that far.

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
I think that I know what could be the bug. I will have fix for the next version.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Just wanted to post back. I installed 12.0.5 today and the issue is gone.

Clock2 yrs