Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Announcement

Major Release: Remote Desktop Manager 12 Is Now Available!

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

We’re thrilled to announce that after several months of hard work, the latest and greatest version of Remote Desktop Manager has been launched: say hello to version 12!
What’s New?

The Devolutions team has been hard at work making some major improvements, enhancements and additions – many of which were suggested by our incredible community of IT pros (that would be YOU!).
We’ve already announced three new additions in RDM 12 that we think you’ll appreciate: Devolutions Proxy, the PowerShell module and Wayk Now integration. But wait, there’s more! Here are some of the new features you can look forward and how to get it:
https://blog.devolutions.net/2016/11/remotedesktopmanager-12-announcement.html

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I have upgraded the RDMS from 11 to 12 on a test server and production servers still use RDMS 11. But both test and production servers talk to same DB and when I am upgrading to RDMS 12 I had to upgrade the DB as well.
Will this affect the production servers which are still using RDMS 11?

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

What type of data source are you using?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Yes, a database upgrade is required between RDM 11 to RDM 12.

It may be possible that some of your RDM 11 users encounter XML Document or Data at the root level is invalid error when trying to connect to the database.
Those errors are caused by the database upgrade that has been performed with RDM 12.

We recommend that everyone runs on the same version of RDM, so if your production database has been updated with a RDM 12 client, then, you should upgrade all your clients to RDM 12 to avoid any errors.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I saw in your signature that you are working for 99x. I remember that your organization was using RDM with Devolutions Server as your data source on a Terminal Server.

Is this still the case or you are now only using a SQL Server database as your data source?

I need to know what is your configuration to guide you properly.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

If your database has been upgraded because of the installation of RDM 12 and that you want to rollback to what it was before with RDM 11, you would need to restore a backup of the database that has been made prior to the upgrade of RDM 12.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

When will you release the version 12.0.8.0 for the Custom Installer Manager?
I am in the mist of rolling out RDM to my organization, but I want to wait for version 12.0.8.0 for the custom installer since the bug update from 12.0.5.

Clock3 yrs

@Mikkel Nestved

RDM 12.0.8.0 is now available in the Custom Installer.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi!
Is there any chance to install RDM 12 on a Server 2008 R2 System? We are getting the error that the install.cab1 has an invalid signature no matter what I try...

Best regards,

Florian

Clock3 yrs

@Florian,

Have you downloaded the .exe or the .msi?

Have you installed all the pre-requisite softwares? You can found the list of pre-requisite software here
https://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/installation_prerequisite.htm

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I didn't see the msi download in the first place, that one did the job...
Thank you!

Regards

Florian

Clock3 yrs