Forum / Wayk Now - Announcement

Wrong Keyboard Layout

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello together,

following combination leads to a wrong keyboard layout (ver. 0.9.3):

-> Wayk Now Host German Keyboard layout (+ english layout installed but not active)
-> Wayk Now Supporter German Keyboard layout (+ english layout installed but not active)

Typing on the host will result in an english keyboard layout on the host, switching to english layout (Alt+Shift) will lead to the german keyboard layout. The keyboard layout on the supporter pc (when typing locally) stays untouched.

Best regards,
Hermann

ps: sorry, posted in the wrong section. Please move it to the bug section.

Clock3 yrs

Hi Hermann,

In the current version of the product, nothing is done to attempt synchronizing keyboard layouts. When using alt+shift with Wayk Now focused, both the local and remote system will intercept the shortcut key and switch the keyboard layout. Since the action is to switch keyboard layouts, the result will be different if the initial state of and list of keyboard layouts is different. If you have English + German on both sides and wish to "synchronize" them, you can always focus out the Wayk Now window to press alt+shift.

I assume you would like an automatic keyboard layout synchronization feature built-in to Wayk Now?

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Marc,

you got me wrong. I do not want Wayk Now to interfere in any way with my keyboard settings, but it does (that's why i posted it :-) )

I put a screenshot together where you can see that my keyboard setting on both computers is set to german language keyboard.
What happens when i connect to the Wayk host is that the setting stays visually the same (the icon does not change) but the keyboard starts to behave like an english keyboard (z and y switched for example) but only on windows inside Wayk. If i press Alt+Shift now then the icon on the Wayk Host switches to EN but the real input switches to german layout. If i type on a window of my supporter computer, the keyboard layout stays german as it should.
Maybe it is important to know that the Host is setup completely german (OS and keyboard) and the Supporter PC is setup english OS and german keyboard.
No other application is interfering with these setting (vnc/rdp/teamviewer), but Wayk does.

Best regards,
Hermann

2016-11-25 08_20_42-Greenshot.png
Clock3 yrs

Hi Hermann,

Thanks for taking the time to further describe the problem. I have been able to reproduce it on my side and fix it. We are releasing Wayk Now 1.0 on Monday, and this fix will be included.

Best regards,
-Marc-Andre

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Marc,

glad to know you found it. Switching keyboard layouts can be a nuisance if you try to login and have a max number login attempt ;-)

Best regards,
Hermann

Clock3 yrs