Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Make the Dashboard more available

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The way the Dashboard is currently setup, it's very troublesome to get to the various features. I'd like to propose two changes.

1. Move the Dashboard to the bottom. It could be presented like Description and Logs, etc. This would make it easy to get to no matter if I have one connection open, or 20. I currently have to scroll far left to get to the dashboard today.

2. Rather than Tab the Macros, Remote Tools, Information, and Overview, utilize the screen space available on big monitors and put dividers down the page so I can see all the tools at once. This would greatly improve access to the tools. You could even allow me to shrink certain sections like overview as desired. Alternately you could do columns across instead of sections down (think paragraphs vs newspaper columns)

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Could you post a small mock of what you have in mind?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Like this perhaps?
The Macros/Scripts/Tools section can scale across and downward, the same with Remote Tools to the point of a scroll bar. The upside is all of these commands are accessible with one click. If I have 20 windows up I have to scroll to get to the Dashboard today.
Now one click and I have access to everything.

mockup.png
Clock2 yrs

Thank you for the mock. I'm not sure what I can do for RDM 12 but I see what you mean.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Thanks for the consideration either way!

Clock2 yrs