Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Hyperlink field under the information menu OR enable hyperlink for custom fields

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

I made a RDP entry, I would like to be able to add a hyperlink to it but there doesn't seem to be any hyperlink field anywhere.

I tried to use the custom field 1 to 3 since they can be displayed directly in the dashboard view and that's what I need but they don't recognize hyperlinks and you can't click on them, it's just displaying as plain text.

So ideally, there would be an Hyperlink field somewhere in the properties of a rdp connection where you can just add a link to a local file or a web link and you could then click that hyperlink to open the file or the webpage when viewing the properties.

This hyperlink field would also be available from the "Customization" toolbox in the bottom right corner and you could add it to the Dashboard view.

OR

The custom field 1 to 3 would detect hyperlinks and you could add a link to a local file or a webpage in there that could be clicked to open the file or the webpage from the dashboard view since the custom fields 1 to 3 can already be added to the dashboard view.

Hope this is clear!

Thanks

2016-10-24 14_16_44-Remote Desktop Manager [Dashboard].png
Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I would like to understand what you want to do with the hyperlink. Do you want to open the link to get the details about the entry? We have the description field that could be an Url or the Server Url that could be configured and used as an url.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

I would like to be able to keep the description field exactly as it is now but also have an additional hyperlink field that can be selected from the column chooser to appear right next to the Description column.

If you look at the attachment in my original post, I'm using the description field to show a quick description of each server.

What I'd like to be able to do is have a "Hyperlink" column right next to the Description column. In that "Hyperlink" column would be a link to open a Word document located in OneDrive.

See the attached image below, thank you!

9.png
Clock3 yrs

Ok,
Where the link could be clickable if we replace the custom field with an hyperlink? Do you mean in the dashboard?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David, I'm not sure I understand your question, sorry.
I pmed you directly, I speak french if you prefer.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I have added the Server - Home Page action in the dashboard when a value is set:

ServerHome

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

ServerHome.png
Clock3 yrs

This will be in the next beta release.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs