Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

Issues with Connections to/from MacOS

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I connected from a Windows Server 2012 R2 system to my iMac and noted the following issues:

#1. No screen scaling! (screen resolution is vastly different and having to scroll to reach everything on the Mac screen is too cumbersome to be useful)

#2. On disconnect, mouse was no longer usable (I had to reconnect the session and move the mouse on my Mac to regain control of the mouse after the remote session from Windows disconnected)

#3. Window was automatically full screen even though target system had much lower resolution when connecting from MacOS to Windows. (Perhaps it's a personal preference but the one thing that will make any application hit the bit bucket on my systems is grabbing my full screen and not giving me any choice. I have a 27" screen for a good reason and when I'm doing remote support I don't want to be forced to spend precious time re-sizing a window so I can see the items I need to see to support a client.)

Clock4 yrs

Hi Pedro,

#1. Screen scaling is supported. It may not be obvious at first sight, but there is a menu accessible by right-clicking the session window title bar. I have chosen to put the menu there to save precious screen space, but in the future I will likely make it configurable to have the menu either in the title bar, or explicitly shown below the title bar. Here is a screenshot:

#2. I am not sure I understand correctly the sequence of events that lead to the mouse not working. You connect from Windows to OS X, disconnect, and then the mouse on the OS X server no longer works until you reconnect again? Where is the mouse not working? Remotely from Wayk Now, or on the target host, with the real mouse?

#3. I can confirm that initial window size is incorrect on the OS X client, we will work on a fix.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

It's repeated now for me multiple times.

I'm on an iMac 27". I'm connecting to windows servers that are 1280x1024 resolution. The window opens full screen with the desktop of the client serever centered, most annoying. When I use VNC, TeamViewer, etc.. the window itself scales to the display size of the client system not to a full screen window on my iMac.

I can connect to a windows server 2012 R2 or 2016 with RDP and I have full access with the mouse & keyboard. Connecting with Wayk does not give me access to either unless I reconnect via RDP and start the process through that session, then Wayk allows me access to both mouse & keyboard.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Pedro,

We have just released a beta bug fix release here that should address many of the issues you reported:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26803-wayk-now-beta-update.aspx

Please let me know how the new version works for you.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs