Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

Traget ID field to short

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

as source and target id's are based on IP addresses, please check the target id field.

It will not accept addresses like 192.168.45.128 - Yes, the address is out of the rfc private range,
but if there are historical grown networks some could run in a problem and will not try or use Wayk anymore :-)

Nightly greetings from near Munich

Greets - Manfred

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I will assign this to one of our dev.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Manfred,

Can you tell me if the "special" IP address is shown in the Source ID drop-down list of the server computer? What kind of error do you get after clicking the Connect button on the client? Are these special addresses sometimes unsupported in different types of applications, and require special handling?

Thanks!

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I am also having a problem putting in an IP address. I am trying to enter 172.20.100.200 and it is not allowing the last digit. it is cutting me off with 172.20.100.20 - so I am unable to connect.

Clock4 yrs

We have identified the issue, it is nothing we can't fix quickly. It is a problem in the Windows GUI that won't accept input larger than the size of the Target ID field.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I have uploaded the 0.9.1.0 beta bug fix release here:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26803-wayk-now-beta-update.aspx?MessageID=98237#post98237

This issue is now resolved, the Target ID field no longer puts a limit on the input size.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs