Forum / Wayk Now - Bug Report

Windows 10

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I have tried launching the installer on Windows 10 but will not load.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

What is the issue that you're experiencing? Do you get an error message?

The executable for Wayk Now doesn't provide the ability to be installed in Program Files.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

No error appears. When I click on the wayknow icon, the program simply does not launch. I have deleted it and re-downloaded the program. Same behaviour.
This is my work laptop. My home computer, also Windows 10 launches just fine.
John

Clock3 yrs

Hello,
same situation here. Both machines Windows 10 Pro, one loads the other one does not.
Found errors in Event Viewer. See bellow:

Faulting application name: WaykNow64.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x58040182
Faulting module name: WaykNow64.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x58040182
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000029e50
Faulting process id: 0x133c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d228b880716992
Faulting application path: C:\Users\mitza\AppData\Roaming\Wayk\WaykNow64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\mitza\AppData\Roaming\Wayk\WaykNow64.exe
Report Id: 0d6abc4f-952c-45bb-9153-48604e673978
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

and:

Fault bucket 120575493655, type 4
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: WaykNow64.exe
P2: 0.9.0.0
P3: 58040182
P4: WaykNow64.exe
P5: 0.9.0.0
P6: 58040182
P7: c000041d
P8: 0000000000029e50
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\mitza\AppData\Local\Temp\WER961C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_WaykNow64.exe_ee36cdfe04eaa379769f2deeb425c13aee0d739_6f4093f6_00b29acf

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 0d6abc4f-952c-45bb-9153-48604e673978
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: 59d2102dedbbc733341da10c6d5afde2

Report.wer
Clock3 yrs

Could you try the 32 or 64 bit version directly?

https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26795-problems-running-due-to-domain-policies.aspx

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi, I have the same problem on a Windows 10 machine. Tried with both 32- and 64-bit versions, same result.
The machine is not in a domain.

Br, Ole.

Clock3 yrs

Same problem here. Win 10 Enterprise, Same Error found in Event Viewer as above (Endre.orban)
Tried with both the "regular" version and the 64-bits
Tested it also on a Win2008R2 with the same result.

/Per

Clock3 yrs

Just a quick update: I have been able to reproduce the issue. It occurs when no usable network interfaces are found. First, I will work on fixing the crash, then I will try to figure out why no network interfaces are detected as usable. We are filtering a few addresses, maybe the filter is too aggressive.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I have uploaded the 0.9.1.0 beta bug fix release here:
https://forum.devolutions.net/topic26803-wayk-now-beta-update.aspx?MessageID=98237#post98237

This issue should be resolved.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

With the updated beta-version i'm able to connect and see the remote screen but I can't do anything on the remote PC.

Also problem to connect to a computer that is connected over VPN. The source ID shows only my local 192-address and not my VPN address.

Clock3 yrs

Per Ohlsson wrote:

With the updated beta-version i'm able to connect and see the remote screen but I can't do anything on the remote PC.

Also problem to connect to a computer that is connected over VPN. The source ID shows only my local 192-address and not my VPN address.

For your computer that is connected over VPN, can you tell me which type of VPN it is? We haven't done much testing with VPNs yet.

As for being unable to do anything with the remote PC, can you tell me which version of Windows / OS X it is?

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I have a Win10 and try to connect to a 2008R2 server.

We use Forticlient SSL vpn and we got a temporary IP address for the VPN session.

What is the requriments for a succesfull remote connection? On the same LAN or just a Internet connection.
If it will work over Internet, how do you find the remote PC?

Clock3 yrs

Per Ohlsson wrote:

I have a Win10 and try to connect to a 2008R2 server.

We use Forticlient SSL vpn and we got a temporary IP address for the VPN session.

What is the requriments for a succesfull remote connection? On the same LAN or just a Internet connection.
If it will work over Internet, how do you find the remote PC?

In the current version, Wayk Now only does "direct" connections, without NAT traversal or simplified internet connectivity. We wish to provide such a feature as soon as possible. You can use it on the LAN, or configure port forwarding on your router just like you would with RDP or VNC.

As for your VPN, there must be a reason why the current code excludes the special temporary IP address from the addresses it listens on. Can you run ipconfig /all > ipconfig.txt and return the result? Maybe I could find a hint in there, otherwise I would need to replicate your environment and test it out myself to see what happens.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I think it is very important to be able to connect to a remote system from a IT-administrator/support point-of-view.
When a coo-worker is stucked in a hotel or at a customer site with problem with VPN for example ;-)

I did a restart and now is both of my real ip-addresses in the dropdown so it looks ok (for now)

Is it only with IP address you can connect? Not DNS-name?

Clock3 yrs

Per Ohlsson wrote:

I think it is very important to be able to connect to a remote system from a IT-administrator/support point-of-view.
When a coo-worker is stucked in a hotel or at a customer site with problem with VPN for example ;-)

I did a restart and now is both of my real ip-addresses in the dropdown so it looks ok (for now)

Is it only with IP address you can connect? Not DNS-name?

I totally agree with you. However, we had the choice of either offering Wayk Now without NAT traversal capabilities, or push back the initial release date much further. We chose to offer it early, and work on getting NAT traversal capabilities later on (it is a significant development effort).

You can use the hostname of the machines you want to connect to, as long as the client machine is able to ping them using their names. We will come up very soon with an update that will add enhanced name resolving capabilities on the LAN, by using our own implementation of the name resolution protocols used on certain operating systems but not on others. We have someone working on that feature right now.

Marc-André Moreau

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs