Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Add a Network Scanner to the RDM Tools menu

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello folks,

I know that Remote Desktop Manager has a network scanner built into the Import feature, but it would be nice if this were added to the "Tools" menu as a stand-alone feature. It would also be nice if the results of the network scan showed a column for IP address when both the "Resolve IP Address" and the "Ping before scan" are selected. It is important to be able to see both the IP address and the DNS resolved name at the same time when viewing the results.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I will add this to our todo list. What do you want to do with the result? Do you want to create an entry like in the wizard of execute another action?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

At a minimum, I'd a least like to print out the results or keep them in a list somewhere. Ideally, I'd like to be able to monitor the results list for changes or have it continue to run kind of like your "Check is Online" tool does.

Thank you.

Clock3 yrs

I will add this to our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Please, yes. Adding a live view of the online/offline status of systems would be great. A simple red/green icon next to each system to indicate online/offline based on a configurable scan time (ie. every x seconds/minutes). Adding alerts/messages would make this product into a simple all in one network monitoring tool. Thanks.

Clock2 yrs