Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

1Password family

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Can you add the 1Password "cloud" version on RDM.

We can use and share now 1Password but it's stored on the cloud (like LastPass.com).

Before I used 1Password version 4 and it works perfectly with RDM but with version 6, it seem there are no local files like version 4, it's only a SQL file (located on %appdata%\Local\1Password\data\1Password10.sqlite).

Probably 1Password would like to push they customers to move to the cloud version and I think it's a good idea to support it on RDM.

Best regards

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
That's something on our todo list and we did some preliminary research. For now we are unable to do the integration by ourself. It could be a good thing to notify Agilebits that we try to do an integration and that's something, as a customer, you would really like to have.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,
I've send a email to 1Password support.
I'll give to the answer asap.

Regards,
Philippe

Clock3 yrs

Thank you very much. It will be much easier if we could work with them. Perhaps they could provide us an SDK or something like that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,
I sent you the 1password developer email in private message.

Regards,
Philippe

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Thank you very much for the contact. I will email them and let you know the result.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi

This is a feature I'd like to have, too. May I ask: what's the status? Is it possible to create a special vault in 1pw and give rdm access to this vault only?

Thank you
Sven

Clock2 yrs

Hello Sven,
We are waiting for AgileBits to complete their CLI and after that we will be able to test the integration. They don't have a timeline yet.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi David ..

Any news .. ??

I just picked up 1Password v6, and it's cured some of the 'bugs' from v4.

Right now I am stuck using the RDM built-in password system, but 1Password does allow me to centralise it all.

Thanks

Clock2 yrs

Hi,
We did some progress but we are not ready yet. I can assure you that 1Password has a very complex and secure way of protecting your data. Again, I can't give you a ETA but I hope to have something eventually.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

OK, no problems.

For now I'll just copy-paste from 1Password into RDM, so it's just an extra step.

I did look at AgileBits forum & blog, and it looks like for 1Password 7 they're going to allow 'local' vaults again; after they've been slammed for removing the 'feature'.

Now .. what that means for you .. no clue.

Clock2 yrs