Forum / Password Vault Manager - Bug Report

Private Vault Folders - can move any record into /from folders

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi Devolutions-Team,

I have tried to create some folders in my private vault section and move some entries to it - unfortunately it's i don't have the option available to move someting. Drag and drop is disabled on the datasource. The user it self has also no rights to drag and drop.

Best regards,
Ap_ops

Image 28.png
Clock4 yrs

Forgot to mention: Version: 7.6.2.0

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

You would need to copy your sessions from the Navigation Pane to the Private Vault. Then, if you only wanted them in the Private Vault, you would need to delete them in the Navigation Pane.

Your user needs to have the Import/Export privileges to be able to select the entries, do a right-click -> Clipboard -> Copy, then go in the Private Vault and do a right-click -> Clipboard -> Paste.

You can also export your selection into a .pvm file and import this file in the Private Vault.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Jean-François

I guess there is a missunderstanding. I have created some entries directly in my private vault - on the top hierarchy. Then i have created a folder, lets say it's called web logins. Then i'd like to move my previously created items from the top hierarchy to the folder web logins. How can i do that in private vault - there is no move option available on Edit/Move to Another Group/Folder.

Regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

You can move these entries using the Batch Actions - Custom PowerShell Command.

Please follow these steps, it will move the selected entries in your destination folder.
- Select all entries you want to move
- Right-click on them
- Select Edit - Batch Edit - Batch Actions...
- Select the Custom PowerShell Command.
- Enter the following command and replace the YourGroupFolder with the proper folder name
- Click on the OK button

$connection.Group = "YourGroupFolder"
$RDM.Save();

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Erica

Thanks for a "workaround" wink I'm still somehow puzzeld that the move option is not available in this section...

Best regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

The request for the move option in the Private Vault has been transferred to our engineering department.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide you any timeline for the implementation of this feature.

Best regards,

Érica Poirier

Happy Holiday Season!

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

I wanted to let you know this will be done for RDM 12.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Hubert,

Cool smile And in PVM?

Regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs

This will also be in the next version of PVM.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Great news!

Regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs