Forum / Password Vault Manager - Feature Request

A few requests

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

hello, PVM is one of the most fully featured password managers on the scene and the team deserves massive kudos for their work on it. but like everything in this world it could improve and so please allow me to offer my opinion on some features i'd like to experience with PVM

i came across this thread https://forum.devolutions.net/topic16252-pvm-replacement-for-roboform.aspx that is three years old and in it some of the features i'd like to see were mentioned by Stefane. "We don't yet support form filling and new password saving (and many other missing features). These features are slated to be added but no time line has yet to be defined." are these features close to making it to a near future version of PVM ? this would be a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's as they would make PVM all rounded.

another feature that would be useful would be local data source syncing over wifi. for those of us who would not want our logins in the cloud, having the option to sync our datastores between two PVM installs would be priceless.

hopefully the team will consider these humble requests. thank you and keep it up.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,
I have a good news for you. We are working on a completely new version of our browser extension. It will be named Devolutions Web Login and it will contain the feature you ask. It will support more web sites automatic login. We plan a version for Edge (when they really get the browser extension working for real), Safari and Opera as well. Why a new name you could ask. It's simply because we are unifying our Remote Desktop Manager and Password Vault Manager browser extension to one.

For the sync I'm not sure how we could do that. The best solution would be a SQL Server database. You can install SQL Server Express and it's free. You will also get many other benefits like the attachment and log feature.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello David, thank you for getting back to me.

That is indeed good news. three cheers for the dev team! with this new extension PVM will support automatic login capture from all sites ? i hope it'll also have a shortcut to the password generator when filling in new login details. needless to say this is exciting news. is it coming soon or really soon ?

i've seen wifi syncing in Sticky Password and so know it is possible but how they did it is another matter. on PVM, i've seen that the data store is a file in PVM's appdata folder. wouldn't it be possible to sync this file over wifi between two PVM installations, run a compare of the contents of the two existent databases and save the new file with all/updated info on both machines ?

thank you for the suggestion on installing SQL Server Express but i feel it would be more convenient to have such functionality built-in rather than have to install other programs alongside PVM on every machine that needs to have their data stores synced. that said i'll explore your suggestion.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I did some research and it does not seem to be an easy feature to do but it's a good one for sure. I will add it to our todo list.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Thank you David for looking into this. I really appreciate you adding it to your todo, now we wait...

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

when will be the Devultions Web Login Extension available for Firefox?
Looking at https://devolutions.net/Home/BrowserExtensions an see Firefox (and Opera) status "waiting for approval".

Clock4 yrs

Hello Martin,

We are waiting the approval of Firefox. When the add-on will be approved by them, it will then be available on https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

Happy Holiday Season!
Although our various support queues will be monitored during the coming holiday season, Devolutions' offices will be closed from December 24th, 2019, to January 1, 2020, inclusively.

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Martin,

Devolutions Web Login has been sent to the "Firefox add-ons" November 4th and is still waiting for review.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs