Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Application to gather System Information on remote hosts

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Something that can be run on remote hosts that gathers all the info for the System Information page in the connection config, and generates a file that can be imported by RDM to fill in the details.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

In the Information section, there's a Load from Inventory button to load the IP address, the amount of ram, etc.
Is this what you are looking for?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I'm looking for something that can be used on servers that are not local and not using RDP, which will fill in those fields. For example, Load From Inventory doesn't work if the host is LogMeIn, Teamviewer, or VNC. I'd love to be able to run an application on the remote host and generate something that RDM can use to fill out the information page.

Clock3 yrs

Hello Micheal,
We are working on our own VNC replacement (Wayk) and this is the kind of feature we want to add.

http://wayk.devolutions.net/

Sorry for the web site design error at the bottom, it seems that our new css is not applied on this page.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,

Would Wayk be a full VNC Server? If so that doesn't really help for systems like TeamViewer or LogMeIn.

Clock3 yrs

Yes it's a self contained client and server. In your case you would have to install Wayk instead of VNC server.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

So then this doesn't fit the bill of the feature request. I'm not looking for another remote server solution. Just something that gathers all the information for the Information Page on a Connection's properties, which can then be imported into RDM.

Like really I suppose a powershell script that can get the info and output it to a csv or something for importing to RDM.

Clock3 yrs

Perhaps you could generate the output and attach the document to your entry.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs