Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Bitvise SSH FileManager

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
I'm using Bitvise SSH Client as FileManager to copy to/from ssh servers. I'm using it because is faster than WinSCP.
Is possibile to create a session for this type of connection ?

bvssh.exe supports command line parameters.
Download page: http://www.bitvise.com/ssh-client-download

I have already tried to make my own template (as command line session), but I'm not so smart.

Thanks in advance
Davide

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I have entered an add-on request for that. Thank you

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Could you try this new add-on please?
You just have to copy it in the same folder than the executables and restart the application.
I hope that it will reach your expectations.
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

BitviseSSHClient1.0.0.0.zip
Clock6 yrs

Hi Andre',
the addon seems to be works, but it require an already existing bitvise profile (see attached screenshot). it would be better to save the profile from the RDM session or do not ask for the profile name.

Thank you
Davide

screenshot.jpg
Clock6 yrs

Hi Davide,
As requested it is now possible to store the profile file itself with the session setting.
As long as the Bitvise SSH client is installed you no longer need to have the same defined session on each computer.

Please give us feedback. As soon as we receive your "Ok" this add-on will be release for everyone.
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

BitviseSSHClient1.1.0.0.zip
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
no it is doesn't works as expected. The Addon wants an already existing profile (it seems that is working with "-profile" switch of BvSsh.exe), but I would like to save the session with its own profile name (like a Save As in the SSH Client GUI).

Thank you
Regards,
Davide

22-03-2013 8-25-49.jpg
22-03-2013 8-24-43.jpg
Clock6 yrs

We can't do that. We don't have their format. This is the best we can do.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Just in case that there is a misunderstanding. I added the possibility to save a SSH Client session file (Save As in the SSH Client GUI) within the RDM session settings. It means that once it will be saved within the RDM session it will be no longer required on disk and will be available on any working post. At each execution a temporary file will be created to be associated with the "-profile" switch.
Of course, it would be possible to start a session with only Host, Port, Username and password but you would have to work with all default settings.
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Andre',
is not possible to save a session without selecting an existing profile in a profile field, that is not writeable, (with checkbox "profile stored with session setting" checked or not). See my previous RDM session screenshot.

Thank you
Davide

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
I changed the interface to make settings easier.

You have now 3 choices :
"No Profile" : Only Host, Username and Password are required.
"Profile file name": Only a file name is required.
"Stored profile": In the setting editor you have to select a profile on disk but it's stored within the session data.

Please feel free to give feedback.
Regards,
edited by asanscartier on 3/27/2013

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

BitviseSSHClient1.2.0.0.zip
Clock6 yrs

Hi,
Did you try the last version ?
Regards,

André Sanscartier

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
sorry for the delay, I was in easter holidays.
Yes, I tried last version and is ok for my needs.

Thank you
Regards,
Davide

Clock6 yrs