Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Send text as keyboard input

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

It would be fantastic if I could right click on a Credential and select "Send password to" and then choose a running session. This would cause RDM to send the password or whatever as keyboard input. This would allow for password entry into fields that do not support paste.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

What you can do is to create a Typing Macro session using the $PASSWORD$ variable. In my example, the initial wait is set to 5 seconds to gave you time to focus the passsword field in your remote session.
2016 10 04 10 25 23

In the credential entry that you want to use, enable the Allow password in variable option in the Security section.
2016 10 04 10 27 37

You may also need to enable the option Allow password in macro (send keys) in Administration -> Data Source Settings -> Password Policy if you are using an Advanced Data Source such as SQL Server or Devolutions Server as example.

When the remote session is launch, right click on the credential entry that you want to use the password and select Macros/Scripts/Tools -> Send Password To.

When this is done, you will have 5 seconds to put the focus in the appropriate field to populate the password.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2016-10-04_10-25-23.jpg
2016-10-04_10-27-37.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hi for some reason that doesn't work with LogMeIn clients and with VNC Clients it sends "999999999" regardless of what the credential password is set to

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I will try to reproduce your issue and get back to you.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

After several tests, I am not able to reproduce your issue.

Could you open notepad on your computer, select the credential entry, execute the macro and put the focus in Notepad.
You should see the password in notepad.

Let me know if this is working or not.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Running the macro works fine locally. If I execute the macro, focus on notepad locally, after the initial delay it executes and the password shows up. If I do all the same steps but this time focus on Notepad that is on a LogMeIn host, nothing happens.

Clock3 yrs

I suspect that the keystroke are not sent inside the LogMeIn web application. I've seen the same thing with Team Viewer. Unfortunately their is no solution I can think right now.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

In more testing I've found that a Send Keys macro doesn't send capital letters to a VNC host with UltraVNC set as the Application

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I am not able to reproduce your issue.

Does your VNC session is in embedded mode?

When you send the password via a tying macro in notepad, some letters are missing?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs