Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - PowerShell Repository

Powershell & -kind "Customer" icon

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I don't know if it's a bug on my side or generally. When i use Powershell to do a New-RDMSession like this:

$session = New-RDMSession -Group "Testit" -Kind "Customer" -Name "Blop"
and then Set-RDMSession $session -Refresh

the icon result is an red round with an "i" (See attached file "wrong_icon"). What i need to have is the second image attached (yellow person).
Do i something wrong?

We use version 11.7.2 Enterprise, 32bit on a Windows Server 2012 R2.

Thanks in advance.

wrong_icon.jpg
right_icon.jpg
Clock4 yrs

Hi Michael,

A customer group is of kind group. You must change the group type in the group details property to have a customer group.

$session = New-RDMSession -Group "Testit" -Kind "Group" -Name "Blop"
$session.GroupDetails.GroupType = "Customer"
Set-RDMSession $session -Refresh

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Woaw Olivier,

Merci beaucoup!

That's exactly what i needed!

P.S. Can you move this thread elsewhere because it's not a bug? Thanks in advance.

Clock4 yrs

Hello,

The topic has been moved into our PowerShell Repository section.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais
signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I take this opportunity to ask if there is a list of all this group details properties ? A complete list (or command) of all the available options that we don't find under the Devolutions Documentation ( http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/index.html?gettingstarted_whatisremotedesktopmanager.htm ).

Thanks in advance.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

You can get the list of properties of GroupDetails with PowerShell.

$session.GroupDetails | Get-Member -MemberType Properties

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hello,
I'm having the same issue with the icon and also when I right click on it and go properties I see the generic properties popup (Incorrect.jpg below), not the Group/Folder one I see for entries I've created manually in the GUI (Correct.jpg below). I don't see any errors when I run "$session.GroupDetails.GroupType = "Customer";" but it doesn't seem to do anything.

How can I make the session I created appear and function like the other Customer Group/Folders??

Incorrect.JPG
Correct.JPG
Clock3 yrs

Hi,

You can create a customer folder this way with the RDM PowerShell module:

$session = New-RDMSession -Type "Group" -Name "FolderName"
$session.GroupDetails.GroupType = "Customer"
Set-RDMSession $session -Refresh

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Awesome that worked, thanks! I was trying to set the Type in New-RDMSession to Customer instead of Group.
Another question though, for me the parameter -Type doesn't work, I need to use -Kind instead. Is this because I'm on a different version or something?
I'm currently running on Version 11.6.2.0

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

Yes, the parameter -Type is there when you use the cmdlet from the RDM PowerShell module which was introduced in RDM 12.

You use RDM 11 which means that you still use the snap-in and thus you need to use the parameter -Kind.

Best regards,

Olivier Désalliers

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs