Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

LogMeIn Portal Login User Specific Settings

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The Portal Login for LogMeIn connections must have user specific settings, otherwise all shared connections use the same LogMeIn account for authentication.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Could you try to link it to a credential entry and apply user specific settings for this entry?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

There isn't a way to specify the Portal Login info while editing user specific settings, only the host login.

Clock3 yrs

Indeed you can't directly set a user specific settings. The solution is to link your portal to a Credential entry and Apply the user specific setting to this entry:

LogMeIn

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

LogMeIn.png
Clock3 yrs

I was hopeful that would work but it doesn't autofill the portal login.

Clock3 yrs

Just tested it and setting the Portal Login to the Repository doesn't seem to work at all, regardless of user settings and the type of credential.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We have tested using the latest version of RDM and we are unable to reproduce the issue. What version of RDM are you using? Are you linking a simple "username/password" credential or something like 1Password or Keepass?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

RDM 11.7.3.0 with SQL Server
Simple username/password credential
LogMeIn Portal Login is set to use a credential
LogMeIn connection opens and brings you to the login page for LogMeIn and nothing else happens

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Your LogMeIn section should look like the following
2016 10 05 20 05 38

On the credential entry that you are using in the Portal Login, do a right click and select Edit -> User Specific Settings
2016 10 05 20 06 18

Then, override the credential with the one that you wanted to use
2016 10 05 20 06 45

Is this what you configuration looks like?

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

2016-10-05_20-05-38.jpg
2016-10-05_20-06-18.jpg
2016-10-05_20-06-45.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Yup. That's exactly how I have everything set

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

After several tests, I am not able to reproduce your issue.

Could you post a small video of your settings and the issue please.

Best regards,

Jeff Dagenais

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

I did more testing and have found that this method does work, but because of a bug in RDM, LogMeIn sessions need to be sandboxed. This prevents a whole slew of RDM automated actions from properly functioning and this is obviously another one of those cases.

Sorry that's me.. Didn't know I wasn't logged in.

Clock3 yrs

Hello Michael,

Thanks to this information we were able to reproduce the issue and fix it. This will be available in the next beta version of RDM. This should come out soon.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Now that RDM has reached v12 and this works properly, how can I change all of my LogMeIn entries to use a repository credential instead of a specified E-Mail and Password?

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

You can use a custom powershell batch action. You can access it by selecting the logmein entries you want to modify, right click > edit > batch edit > batch action, then select the "Custom powershell" batch action and enter the following:

$connection.LogMeIn.DashboardCredentialConnectionId = "<GUID>"
$RDM.Save();

<GUID> is the session ID of your credential. If you go in the credential's properties and check the advanced tab, it should be there.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs