Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Jumping Dock

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

updated to Sierra, using latest rdm (3.6.0.1).
the dock icon jumping up and down, up and down, up and down. when i switch to app i found "this function is only for premiuim version" (or smthng like this) message, or just progress bar (cloud sinchro?), or nothing at all. and it is keep jumping up and down, up and down.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Alexy,

Are you using the Free or Enterprise version of Remote Desktop Manager?
Do you remember which version you were using before?

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

im using free version
it was 3.6.0.0 before with same issue, im not sure if it started in el capitan or in sierra cause the update process was like:
3.5 -> 3.6 -> sierra in same day

Clock4 yrs

Hi Alexy,

Could you post a screenshot of the error message you get?
Could you also send me your application log? Since you are not able to launch the app you will have to copy them manually.
You can find the log he /Users/yourname/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/RemoteDesktopManager.log

I'll continue to dig to find what could block your application launch.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I would also like to know what type of data source you are using

Thank you

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

pmed log and screenshots. im using online db.
my sorry. bad description.. you missunderstood: it is not blocked to launch, it always lauched in background and annoing me with dock jumping every 5-, 10-, 30- mins.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Alexey,

Unfortunately, I didn't receive your PM.
I also noticed that you are using an Online Database. I don't know how you manage to add an Online Database as a data source but it shouldn't work.
There is an issue where it is marked as Free but it will be fixed in the next version.

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

i sent one more time (tell me mail adress if not receive).
as i see online database if free for use smile

Снимок экрана 2016-09-28 в 10.01.08.png
Clock4 yrs

Hi Alexy,

I got your message.
I let you know if I find something.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Alexy,

I think I've found what's your issue.
Your log file is full of Connection failure meaning that your computer cannot reach the Internet.
The reason why the app icon is jumping around all the time is that it receive an error about the network failure.

The Free edition also have an issue where it will prompt you to buy the Enterprise edition when you lose your Network connection with a Devolutions Online Drive data source. This will be fixed in the next release, meaning that when you lose your Internet connection your data source will display not connected and you won't be prompted to Buy the Enterprise Edition.

In short, all the behavior you are experiencing seems to be related to your Internet connection sometimes not being available.

Tell me if you need more help.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs