Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Problem after Upgrade to 3.6.0.1

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there,

I've update my Mac to Mac OS Sierra. After that, Remotedesktopmanager won't start anymore. I've downloaded the new installer (version. 3.6.0.1) from you website and installed it over. Now I can launch the software again but I can't find my datasource. I think it was a local (default installation) sqlite db.

Can someone give me a hint how to recover my database again?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Daniel

Clock4 yrs

Hi Daniel,

What is happening to you is strange, people don't normally lose their settings over an update.
The default path for your local SQLite database is /Users/username/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/Connections.db.

If you didn't destroy that file you should be able to recover your data source.

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Benoît,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, it is not working. I've found the connections.db in the path you specified, but the file seems to be empty. I've also took exactly this file out of a backup 1 month ago, replaced the original file but the datasource seems still to be empty... No sessions are displayed in remotedesktopmanager. Btw, the db file is about 56kb small. Could that be?

Any idea what I can do now?

Best
Daniel

Clock4 yrs

Hi Daniel,

That backup file doesn't seem right, it's the size of an empty database.
That probably means your data source is somewhere else or you were using another type of data source.
Have you been using Remote Desktop Manager for a long time?
At first, our default data sources were XML file. Could your data source be an XML file?

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Benoît,
I had a look and compared the connections.db from my oldest backup (beginning of august) with the actual one. The file size is always 56kb. But in the corresponding connections.log, I can see all the changes I made. This file is growing and filled with information like expected.
If it is a xml file, will the name be connections.xml?
I'm using Remote Desktop Manager on Mac since a little bit more than 6 months. Before I've used it on a Windows machine. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I imported my connections from windows or if I've started from scratch. But if I've imported the things from windows, is that maybe the source of my problems?
Best
Daniel

Clock4 yrs

Hi Daniel,

Since you backup file always has a size of 56 kb i would guess that it's not the file you are looking for.
if you were using an XML file, yes your file should be named connections.xml or something like that.
There should be no problem importing your data from Windows.
Just to be clear when I say importing your data I mean using the import contextual menu. Not just copying the data source file.

I hope you can find your data.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs