Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Allow editing properties for multiple similar items at once

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

The scenario is this, I created 5+ RDP connections that are all identical except the computer name using duplicate functionality. I realize afterwords I want to change the display from "Undocked" to "External".

If I could select them all, then click "properties", and have only the common (a subset) properties available to change, it would be great.

My current solution is I exported them, modified the XML, then reimported. Not sure if there is a better way, but multi-select is what felt natural to me.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

There is a feature many customers love and use. It's our Batch Edit Tool;
http://help.remotedesktopmanager.com/edit_batch.htm

However, this tool is limited to the Enterprise Edition. I don't know if it is that version you have installed.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock3 yrs

More great info Marc, thanks. I'm using the free version at the moment, and really like it. Pushing our IT to eval the enterprise version.

Clock3 yrs

Hello Alex,

It's my pleasure! We must keep our community informed as much as possible!

If you want a trial key or information on licensing and prices, you can contact sales@devolutions.net .

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock3 yrs