Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Smart Card redirection not working

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Downloaded your product, both free and full trial, created a few profiles, each with Smart Card redirection turned on. When I connect to the machines and choose the Smart Card logon option, it instructs me to connect a smart card. I have the card plugged into my Mac and it works just fine there, what am I doing wrong here?

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

I'm currently running 10.11.6, connecting to Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, all to no avail.
I can log into the boxes with standard username/password credentials, but once in I don't even see the card's certificates in the certificate snap-in.

Does the software come with any pre-packaged tools that may be conflicting with drivers installed on the Mac side? We're running Centrify, which is supplying us with driver packs in order to support the smart cards.

Clock4 yrs

Hi Daniel,

Are you connecting to your server through a Gateway?

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Benoit,

We are not using a RD gateway. Is this required for this functionality?

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

Hi Daniel,

No Smart Card authentication on RD Gateway is something that is not supported and I wanted to rule this out before hand.
Could you try to send me your RDP logs ? Here are the instructions: How to enable and send RDP Logs
I can't promise you I will be able to figure out what is going on but I'll look into it.

Best regards,

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs