Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Dashboard Formatting Should Honor Entries Formatting

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

I am hoping this would be a quick fix for you guys - but say I create an entry of type Account. I add some information to that entry in the Description field using the RTF option and I bold certain words / keywords, maybe change the color etc. of things I need to stand out. That's great but when you select that entry in RDM and just view it from the dashboard the RTF formatting is not honored and it's just plain text, you have to actually go to the properties / edit the entry to get that formatting.

Is that something we could have show on the dashboard view?

As always, thanks for a great product! (Using Enterprise 11.7.2.0)

Clock3 yrs

Hello Wayne,
Do you have a print screen with an example? Do you mean in the html overview? For this case we are unable to convert the rtf to html.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hello Wayne,
Do you have a print screen with an example? Do you mean in the html overview? For this case we are unable to convert the rtf to html.

Regards

Hi David,

Please see attached screenshots. Hope that helps clarify.

Viewing Properties.png
Dashboard View.png
Clock3 yrs

It's exactly what I was afraid of. We are unable to convert the rtf to html. I will see what we can do. Perhaps you could dock the Description pane from View under the navigation panel.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks David.

Knowing that's HTML I thought I'd try and use the standard html bold tags and to some degree it does work. It doesn't stand out as well as bold text should but you can see a difference so it seems as if those tags are being parsed although maybe the style is being overwritten. In the attached picture the first line is bold, the second line only the second word is bold.

It's no huge deal - I can for sure use the description pane. However, knowing those HTML tags work - maybe down the road it would be possible to allow us to include the basic HTML formatting tags in there (bold, color, italic etc. strip out dangerous stuff like JavaScript etc.)
Thanks for your quick responses as always!

Formatting.png
Clock3 yrs

Hello Wayne,
I think you're right and we should move away from RTF. RTF always been an issue with the cross-platform.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks for the reply David. Good to hear - can we assume this will be on the 'to-do' list? smile (Not that It's long enough already I'm sure!).

Again - amazing product, I use this every day and couldn't work without it and being able to style the description on the dashboard page would actually help us quite a lot (other than using the description pane).

Clock3 yrs

It's on our todo list but this something we need to address soon because of our mobile products.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs