Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Launch RDP Sessions from a clickable map.

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

If you do not have that functionality, could we engage with you to add it? We plan to use RDM at a customer site to replace a VB program we wrote many years ago that had this functionality.
The user's had a clickable map with "hot spots" where clicking on a specific building's "hot spot" launched the RDP session associated with that building.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Each session has (In its advanced properties) a URI that uses our own web protocol handler (rdm://) to launch a session.

If you have control over the map, and can call a custom URL when clicking on an object, you can already adapt your system to call rdm.

Each user must have RDM, and they also must have the same data source registered in their systems.

Best regards,

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks. This information may be helpful in moving the ball forward, but it doesn't give me a solution for the problem I must solve.

The map software we have is running on Server 2003 and we will not be updating that software to run on Server 2012. We are trying to get a NEW clickable map to run on Server 2012. RDM is very nearly the perfect solution, but the visual component is missing.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
You would like us to update RDM and provide a kind of map view?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Yes. Users would launch connection sessions based upon clicking hot spots on the map.

Clock3 yrs

Bump.

Clock3 yrs

Hello Steve,
Sorry I've missed your reply. I will add this to our todo list but honestly I can't give you a timeframe. We need to find a component for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Is there any chance that we could help speed this along by funding a bit of development? I don't want to spend a ton of money, but this is an important customer for us.

Clock3 yrs