Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Wiki Entry for Documentation?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi, one of the best bits of RDM is the offline feature - awesome for when your VM cluster goes down (including all your documentation etc.).

I would love to be able to embed a documentation system into the DB like DokuWiki (which is flat file based, so perfect for embedding in the RDM SQL DB as plain text)... Linking to shares/documents is fine, but having a Wiki entry whose contents are embedded in the DB would be awesome... Of course I can just have a web link entry in RDM pointing to DokuWiki, but if that too is in a VM and the platform goes down - you see where I'm going with this...

Thanks, TJ

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I'm not sure how easy it would be to do the integration but perhaps you could mix RDM with DropBox for the wiki document. It will synchronize your data.

What do you think?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

It was more of a request to add some sort of documentation system to RDM - something that can contain formatted text, structured/linked to (multiple pages/hierarchy etc.).

Attaching documents to entries is ok and I know you can add RDM specific documents/spreadsheets (only in the Windows version it seems), I just mentioned Dokuwiki as it uses flat files for the documentation (i.e. simple text that could be stored in the RDM DB) then its "just" a matter of building an interpreter to format that text on the fly into html... (although having a simple rich text type editor would be nice too for editing it).

TJ

Clock3 yrs

That's something we could do but it will not be available for sure in offline mode. We would need to implement a kind of synchronization system just for the wiki and make sure to not have performance problem.

Anyway I keep the idea in mind.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thats all I can ask for ;-)

Thanks, TJ

Clock3 yrs