Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDM Agent as a service

• Create an Issue

I don't think that it is currently possible so I'd like to request a feature that the RDM Agent be able to install/run as a service.

Thanks

Clock3 yrs

Correct, it is not currently supported.

Creating a service is not a trivial task when it comes to RDM Agent. It is, however, on our to-do list but no ETA.

There are also security considerations when we talk about services. They are shared among sessions therefore we must make sure that the data of each session are not compromised.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks. I tried to install it (as a service) using a couple of different methods but apparently it doesn't have the ServiceMain callback function so the service doesn't start (no matter how I've tried to install the service). I see that (currently) using the command-line to install RDM Agent installs a registry entry to "run" within the context of the user credentials. My goal is to try and deploy RDM Agent to multiple hosts (servers) via SCCM (so I may copy the files to each host manually via SCCM and modify the registry manually as well). Do you know if RDM Agent makes any other setting changes to any other part of the OS (other than the "run" registry entry)? In case you are wondering what I am trying to accomplish, my question here links back to a separate forum post that I did recently (RDM, playlists and macros).

Thanks

Clock3 yrs

Correct, the only setting RDM Agent will change on a system is the "run" registry entry.

If you push the files & run /install /q via SCCM all should be good.

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs