Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Show continuous ping while system rebooting, tab left open

• Create an Issue

Usually while working on a number of computers/servers at once I open a continuous ping tab as well as the RDP tab so I can keep track of the ones I'm working on, and also see when they've come back online.

I've just discovered the delightful feature to "Keep tab page opened on disconnect" and started using that. Couple issues so far with that though:

• It doesn't show any sort of online/ping status so when I check back on that tab I can't see whether I should try reconnecting or not. Could a feature be added (optional) to show a continuous ping inside the whitespace of this tab?
  • When I reboot a computer, tab set to stay open, I select the option to reconnect when available. If the computer is still shutting down it tries to connect with RDP and even after the computer reboots it eventually times out and fails, never reconnecting. I have to right-click on the tab and click Reconnect then RDP works again.

I'm using version 11.6.0.0 when testing this functionality.

Clock3 yrs

Update... I noticed that there is some status, "Waiting for host..." that keeps repeating until host is available. When testing above that was a system with vPro enabled so the ping kept responding even when the computer was shut down. It would still be nice to have another button to show continuous ping. That can tell us more than just waiting for host.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,
You can configure the Check Is Online to use the port scan instead of the ping which is more accurate most of the time. I will add a feature request for the continuous ping.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

True, but that's a multiple-step process (click on machine, Dashboard, Check is Online) as opposed to tab left open while working on 6 other computers, and when I return quickly to that open tab I'd like to see if the machine is responding to a ping. If not I move on to the next computer. So currently I use 12 tabs for 6 computers, one being a continuous ping.

Also I find that the Connect when available button will try connecting as soon as the machine is responding to a ping, which could also be while it's still shutting down or vPro is responding on behalf of the machine. I like the port check feature of Check Is Online... what if the Connect When Available was modified to be Connect When RDP Available? Or another button added like that?

The scenario... I reboot a computer after updates, tab stays open and before I leave that tab to go to another computer I'd love to click Connect When RDP available. If I click Connect when available right now it will immediately start trying to RDP to the machine because ping is responding during shutdown. Then after the machine is fully up it's still stuck at trying to connect and never connects. Have to close the tab and reconnect the session.

Thoughts?

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
What I mean is to change the value in the session:

IsOnline

Or the default in File->Options:

IsOnline2

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

IsOnline.png
IsOnline2.png
Clock3 yrs

I see... I do like that Check Is Online feature. Could it also be integrated even as a fourth button in the screen when a tab stays open while a computer is rebooting.

So currently the Check Is Online scans both ping and port 3389 but stays in a separate window entirely. Which might be fine for some scenarios. But could that same feature be integrated into the persistent tab so that it will only try connecting with both ping and port 3389 are available? This way as we cycle through 6-12 computers we're working on we can see where it's at... i.e. ping OK but no 3389 yet, move to the next computer.

Clock3 yrs

I will add a feature request for that.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs