Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

RDP Client to be able to paste file

The ability to copy and paste files through client
Copy and paste of text currently works great but would like to be able to copy and paste files

Clock3 yrs

Hi,

This is already on our Todo list.

In the mean time you could always use the drive redirection features to move files to your Mac and then to another RDP session. It's more of an hassle, but it will do the trick.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

This help page will help;
http://helpmac.remotedesktopmanager.com/troubleshooting_rdp.htm

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best regards,

Mark Beausejour

signaturesignature

Customers that use Devolutions Password Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

Clock3 yrs

It looks like it's been 2 years. Has this made it from the todo list to the done list yet?

Clock2 yrs

Hi,

This is kind of a big features and it depends more on FreeRDP than RDM itself. We would like to see this come, but it partially depends on things that are out of our hands. I'll increase the priority and try to get in touch with the people that could see this made. But I can't guarantee anything.

I'll post back in this thread if there is any progress made.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Local to remote support has been added to FreeRDP, merged to master on June 7 - https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/pull/3905

Clock11 mths

Interesting. We'll look into it.

Just be aware that if it gets added to RDM Mac, it'll only be available with the RDP Engine V5 as the Engine V4 is no longer updated to the latest FreeRDP.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock11 mths

Did this get added to RDM?

For RDP Engine would it be correct assume V4 is "Legacy" and V5 is "Modern"

Clock3 mths

Hi,

Unfortunately, no. This as not gone up in the priority chain (since there is alternate way to do file transfer between local and remote host).

You're right in your assumption though, V4 as recently been renamed to Legacy and V5 to Modern.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock3 mths

That's a shame. could you direct me to the information about this alternate method?

Clock3 mths

It implies setting up a redirected drive (Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) -> Local Resources -> Local Devices and Resources -> Redirect specific folder).

After checking the "Recirect specific folder", setting a local path (with the "Configure" button) and launching your session, you should find the redirected folder in the Windows file explorer:

RDPSettings

WindowsFileExplorer

You can move files between the remote and local host by copying them into this folder.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

RDPSettings.png
WindowsFileExplorer.png
Clock3 mths

Thanks.
I was afraid that's where you were going to go.
Unfortunately most servers I need to connect to have policy applied disallowing client drive mapping. However copy/paste does work.

Clock3 mths