Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Timeout for Inventory Batch

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

is it possible to set a timeout for the inventory batch task? (eg if a server is not available, firewall active...)

it takes for ~50server more than 3hours scan time..

Also a "scan in backround" option would be comfortable - at the moment the RDM cannot be used for the time that the inventory task is running.

And (maybe this is a additional request) please add the option to add a tab "last inventory" (date, time) information to the group view (see in attachment)

thanks!

2016-07-13 15_05_29-Dashboard.png
Clock3 yrs

Hi,
We could only get the inventory if we are able to do a port scan or ping? What do you think?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,

yes, this idea is better as the timeout proposal wink

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will do a ping before trying to get the inventory, starting from the next minor version of RDM. This will be an option to set (in File > Options) to enable the ping before getting the inventory.

Regards

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Perfect!!

Thanks again smile
The last scan info in the group view is also possible?

Regards,
Min

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Sorry, I missed that part of the message smile We can add an optional column for this, yes. I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello Hubert,

No Problem wink

Thanks for the update smile

Regards,
Min

Clock3 yrs

We'll have the column for the next version (both in the main tree view and the dashboard of groups). This won't be for 11.6.2.0 but the one after.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thanks again worship

Regards,
Min

Clock3 yrs

Hi!

What about "Scan in Background" he also asked for? That would be awesome. I'll actually open a request just for that!

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will try and add that feature since loading the inventory can be a long process when executing it on many workstations. I'll keep you updated.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Salut Hubert

Precisely my point smile It is a long process that monopolizes RDM so I can't use it to actually work Big Grin

The batch process can run the same (serial or parallel, don't quite care at the moment) just not in the foreground. A background "Results" tab should be sufficient for logging purposes

Cheers!

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We'll have a tentative change for the background execution of batch action "load from inventory" in the next RDM beta version (11.6.6.0). It's not perfect but it should be much better than before since you can do other things while it is scanning.
When it's out, could you give us feedback? Thank you.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Bien sur!

Merci!

Clock3 yrs