Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Feature Request

AuthAnvil support on OSX

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

One vote for this.. Basically we OSX users would be in trouble if most connections in our company datasource are converted to AuthAnvil credentails. smile

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I've started investigating the integration of AuthAnvil into RDM Mac. We don't have AuthAnvil Password Server though. Would you be willing to test the feature when the time arise?

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Sure I can test it.

I think we could even be able to provide access to Password Server if needed, although our system is still in deployment phase and the guy responsible for it is on vacation. smile

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Xavier is currently on vacation but he will work on AuthAnvil when he comes back.
We will inform you when we have something to work with.

Thanks for the offer.

Benoît Sansregret

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Great, thanks. smile

Clock4 yrs

Mickey Mouse wrote:

Sure I can test it.

I think we could even be able to provide access to Password Server if needed, although our system is still in deployment phase and the guy responsible for it is on vacation. smile

Hi,

We already have the feature ready for testing. If you can provide us with access, it would be most appreciated. If you can't, I can still build you a version so you can test and tell me if it works or what doesn't.

Anything that suits you best.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Ok great. smile

Yea I think I can provide test access. Maybe not posting them to the public forum though, so.. Send me your email address in a private message.

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

I've sent you a private message with my email.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

We've tested further and we will be unable to make the feature work in the near future. The AuthAnvil provided API was developed with Windows in mind and the framework we're using on Mac is too limited for us to port directly the RDM Windows implementation of AuthAnvil. To do so would require underlying knowledge and much much more time.

I can't tell you if and when we will work on it.

I thank you for your assistance and I'm very sorry for any inconveniences it may causes.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Meh. Ok, guess we have to survive without for now. Thanks for looking into it anyway. smile

Should I leave the AuthAnvil account in place or not? I can also recreate them later on if you have more time to work on it.

Clock4 yrs

Well, I see no problem either way.

We can contact you later if we still need your help.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs