Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

RDM 11.6.0 TreeView headline (sessions)

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,

is it intentional that the previous headline essions (Sitzungen) now are renamed to the database source name?

The screenshots shows it better i may..

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Min

Remote Desktop Manager 11.5.4.png
Remote Desktop Manager 11.6.0.png
Clock3 yrs

Yes it is.

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Maurice Cote wrote:

Yes it is.

Ok - so the Sessions (Sitzungen) Headline is completely gone?

Clock3 yrs

Yes, are you running into issues because of that change?

Maurice Côté

Customers that use Devolutions Server are provided free remote sessions for performing upgrades. Please send a request to the Devolutions Service Desk to get the process started.

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Ah ok. No, not directly - i was just astonished taht the sessions Headline was replaced and the logon and tools headlines not.. thought it was a bug smile
May i ask why the headline from the session is renamed to the datasource name?
(I personally prefered the variant with headline sessions - but this is a personal opinion - especially as the database source can be shown over it.. like my screenshot wink )

Clock3 yrs

It's an attempt to help in the support process. Many of our new users cannot say what data source they are using.

Those users that use a single data source often elect to hide the data source drop down, we often see this in corporate scenarios where they deploy using our custom installer service.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

ok - understandable.. hope this helps to support the users wink

we also use a single data source instance - but we won`t to hide - it is clearer to see with one click if the datasource is off or on (apart from the icon on the right lower footer) ..but as I said - it is a personal opinion..

Howsoever.. Thanks for the explanation.. then i have to create a other workaround for our scenario smile

Regards,
Min

Clock3 yrs

Maybe a alternative solution between both variantes..
keep the Sessions (Sitzungen) headline and put the datasource after in brackets.. so all headlines were shown and the support can figure out the data source..

(it`s only cosmetic, i know.. wink )

Remote Desktop Manager 11.6.0-alternative.png
Clock3 yrs

David is away from the office right now, I will ask him to look at your topic upon his return. Moving this thread to the feature request board.

Maurice Côté

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thank you worship

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I could add an advanced UI option: Disable show advanced data source name in tree view

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

that would be a nice feature smile

So if this setting is enabled, the "old" headline like sessions (sitzungen) is shown again?

Clock3 yrs

Exactly

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Thumbs Up

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I've added the option in RDM 11.6.1.0

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

it works perfectly! Thank you very much!

Regards,
Min

Clock3 yrs