Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Password changing, cannot login with RDM but regular SSH works, recent update?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

I am having the issue now, have not until today, updated a few days ago so it could be that i didn't notice. I am re-enabling radius on some cisco switches. I use SSH within RDM to connect. After enabling radius I use different credentials to get in, the old (local) creds are blocked. The new creds work just fine with a standard ssh [ip] command from terminal. They do not work in RDM when I edit the entry and change either the 'credentials' to my saved credentials that should work, or even if i leave that on default and manually enter my new creds in the SSH Shell settings.

Is there some kind of password caching going on that I need to clear? Or does anyone know why it won't take a password change?

Clock4 yrs

Hi,

Which version of RDM iOS are you currently using?
Best Regards

Mathieu Morrissette

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

3.5.4.2, update check says newest

Clock4 yrs

I'm not sure to understand your issue. You're setting credentials in an SSH connection but when you connect it doesn't seem to use does recently set credentials, is that it?

If so, you might have Local Specific Settings or User Specific Settings set on that entry. You can see and edit those settings through this menu item:
Local+and+User+Specific+Settings

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Local and User Specific Settings.png
Clock4 yrs

In RDM these are the credential methods I am referring to:
http://imgur.com/a/tjR9I

1st image - no settings in the override
2nd image - this is the simple ssh method that DOES work with username:xxxxx password:yyyyy
3rd image - the SSH settings in RDM. If i set the same xxxxx/yyyyy password here that i use to SSH directly from a terminal it does NOT work anymore.
4th image - in the credentials repo of RDM my " AD credentials" are xxxxx/yyyyy they also do NOT work anymore.

This seems to be happening for many of my existing SSH entries in RDM, sometime in the past couple weeks many of them have stopped working, where if i enter the exact same credentials that are in RDM in a basic ssh from terminal they work just fine.

Clock4 yrs

And you said that setting the credentials directly in the Username and Password field (instead of using a credential entry) still doesn't work?

Can you tell me what type of datasource you're using (SQLite, SQL Server, XML, DVLS, etc.)?

Could you try creating an SSH Shell Native with the same settings:
SSHShellNative

Then try opening that new session in external mode:
OpenExternal

It should open an Apple Terminal Window and connect to your SSH.

It'll allow me to know if the wrong credentials are used or if the problem has to do with the Embedded Terminal.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

SSHShellNative.png
OpenExternal.png
Clock4 yrs

This is so strange, it is moving around at random.

so here http://imgur.com/wjWrmjj You can see i am connected to 3 switches. now the top 3, the ones ending in SWA-XX, about ~10 min ago i was only able to connect to the one that i cannot connect to now, I made no changes.

I just tried again, changing the 'credential repo' to 'default' and manually entering my info in the SSH config, and it worked this time. It is the same cred... and its working on the others. They are all the same hardware & firmware, they all point at the same radius server so the creds are identical. ~5 min ago i set it back to 'cred repo' and it didn't work, and now having made no further changes, it works.

Wow, so I tried it your way:
http://imgur.com/a/s9WVX
I created the entry and tried it embedded, did not work, picture 1
I did it external, worked after entering password manually picture 3
and then i went back and tried embedded again, w/o changing a single setting and it didn't work, picture 2.

I can literally connect to it fine, wait 30 seconds, can't connect, wait 30 seconds, connect... its entirely random.

the whole time my pings to the devices were stable.

Clock4 yrs

Very weird, indeed. Were you using the Credential repository all the times where it wasn't working. If so, credential can also have Local and User Specific settings.

If it really is random I can only suppose it's some kind of connection problem. You've had no such issues with the Apple Terminal?

I can keep in touch with the Dev responsible for the SSH Terminal component, but without being able to reproduce the issue on our side, it might be difficult.

Has this issue only appear in the last version? If not could you give me an approximation of when it started?

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs