Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Import from Password Safe

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi there

It would be nice if the import wizard for login will support files from this password manager:
https://www.passwordsafe.de/en/home.html

(not to be confused with this: https://pwsafe.org !)

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Do you know if they have a text format that we could parse?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

I sent you an example export CSV file per PN.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will have a new import option for this in the next beta version, in the "Login" section of the imports:

2016 06 28 14 55 39

When this is out, could you try it and give us some feedback?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-06-28 14-55-39.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hi

Wow that's fast, thank you.
I tried it and it seems to work, but i miss the choice which type it should be (Credentials or Login (Account)).

Another wish.... :-)
In the provided csv the data looks like this:
Kategorien >> Client/Server >> Kunde;symantec.com;admin@example.net;;https://my.symantec.com/;

can you assign Kunde into the group column? In fact this is the name of the customer.

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We could add these features to the import, they would be useful smile For the group, is it sometimes under a different format or is it always "Kategorien >> Client/Server >> " and then the name of the customer? Since .CSV is just a simple text format we will have to parse it manually and if it is different sometimes it might not work.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

About the group, you are right about the structure. It varies in which folder the entry is. And this not not always "customer".
So i take back my idea, it would be to complicated.

But the feature request for choosing "Credentials" or "Login (Account) still consists smile

Clock3 yrs

If there is a strict pattern on the group we could try to implement it.

For now though we will allow to choose between importing as the "username/password" credential and the "Login (account)" entry. The thing with the "username/password" credentials is that they don't have a URL field, while the CSV has a column for it, which is why we opted to make them as Login (account) types by default.

If you have any other requests for that feature be sure to tell us!

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

In Password Safe the Group Seperator for the Field "Ordner (Kategorie)" is " >> ".
Anyway the Password Safe Repository produces invalid csv-Files because they do not escape csv-characters.

In my case i spent hours to find out, why Remote Desktop Manager does only import 20% of my Passwords from CSV, because there where no validation error.

I ended up using KeePass 2, which has a much more powerful Import Tool.
KeePass 2 Import
I have chosen a separator and a text qualifier for export and import which was not used in any field. It is kind of tricky, but it works.

To import Passwords from KeePass 2 i had to choose xml-Format as CSV-Export from KeePass produces the same errors with non escaped characters.
I am wondering why i have to search at the sessions tab to find the import assistant for KeePass 2.x (.xml) credentials.

So as a hint, it would be realy nice if you make generic import assistants and give the user the ability to use regex etc.
The user should be able to safe the import configuration, and remote desktop manager can come with predefined import configurations which are adjustable.
So the user could work around their import issues with remote desktop manager rather than using third part tools.
And devolutions support could help customers making audjusted import configuration-files rather than making a new software build.

Regards,
Thomas Kritzinger

KeePass 2 Import.png
Clock2 yrs

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. I was not aware of this tool in KeePass and it's really nice. We will try to improve our tool as well.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs