Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Import from ASG Remote Desktop 2016

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

When I try to import from a .rde that was exported from ASG Remote Desktop 2016 (formerly VisionApp Remote Desktop), all the files are greyed out even though .rde is one of the extensions listed next to vRD on the import menu. If I change the extension to .vre, it is no longer greyed out, but nothing happens when I select that file and try to import it. I also tried exporting my connections from ASG Remote Desktop as a .csv file, but that .csv file is greyed out as well when I try to import it.

My only guess is that something changed in the format of the file that is created during the export from ASG RD that is no longer supported. If that is the case, do you know when (or if) this new version will be supported. I just purchased this application for my mac because I finally got to the point where the only application I was using my Windows virtual machine for was ASG RD to manage the Windows machines I need remote access to. I'm really hoping I don't have to spend a couple of hours manually recreating all those entries again.

Thank you,
Daniel

Clock4 yrs

Hello Daniel,
Are you able to provide us a sample without your real passwords? It will be much easier to verify what could be the problem.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

I've got a smaller play environment that I can use. I went in and changed the passwords so the content is still there, just not anything I'm worried about. Just so you know, when I go to export from ASG RD, I get two options. First is "Internal xml structure - all data can be included (*.rde)" and the second is "csv file format - only connections and folders can be included (*.csv)". Using the first options, I select "Credentials" and "Connections" to be exported. It has an option to password protect the file, but I don't select that. As it happens, it doesn't look like it actually stores the passwords in the exported file (I opened the file in a text editor and find no evidence of a password field).

I've attached both the .csv file as well as the .rde file so you can see the formats of each.

Thank you,
Daniel

ASG-Remote Desktop 2016 Backup (2016-06-22)_upload.rde
ASG-Remote Desktop 2016 Backup (2016-06-22).csv
Clock4 yrs

We'll look into this as soon as possible. Thank you for providing us a sample, Daniel.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

This has been fixed internally and it will be available in the next version. As a side note, it has also been fixed for the Windows version.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs