Forum / Password Vault Manager - Feature Request

Copy-Past Username & Password automatically one after another

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

At the moment I have to copy the username - paste it to the application where i'd like to use it and then copy-paste for the password. Most of the time I need username and the password in combination. If there would be a functionaly that allows to copy the username and then after pasting automatically would get to password into clipboard the hole process of login would be much faster. I know this functionality from the Password Manager XP and use it there every time when I need to copy a credential.

Could be implemented a seperate shortcut, does not need a grafical element at all.
What do you think of such a feature?

Best regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
I don't know how they do that. I will add this to our todo list to verify what we can do. Just a quick question Do you have a special command to activate the dual copy paste?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

yeah if this feature include in password manager it will be better for us and we will happy

Clock4 yrs

This sounds like a nice feature indeed. We will see what we can do.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi David
I don't know how they implemented that but i guess it could be done with a trigger that is waiting while the username is in clipboard and as soon the past function was used the trigger would copy the password to the clipboard.

It's a very useful feature that makes the usage of a password manager even more valuable.

Regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs

Hi,
We have a working prototype for that. Please stick with us for the next release smile

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

FYI we've released this feature in both Password Vault Manager & Remote Desktop Manager a few weeks ago.

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

Hi Stefane
Thanks - yes I used it already. Is there a shortcut defined for this as well?
One more idea: a function that copies first the password and than the username. Why would this be useful? Often only the password has to be pasted, of course you could also just copy&paste the password but using only one shortcut makes use even easier. So i could use it like this:

Case 1:
Demand: Username & Password
Usage: Press Ctrl + 1 (example)
1. Step Curser to password field- paste, 2. Step Curser to username field- paste

Case 2:
Demand: Password
Usage: Press Ctrl + 1 (example)
1. Step Curser to password field- paste

What do you think about that?

Best regards,
AP_ops

Clock4 yrs

I've added the possibility to add a shortcut to the Copy Username & password action. Will be available in the next release.

As having a copy password & username. We will keep it in mind. You currently have a work around for both cases mentioned.

Case 1: use the Copy Username & Password, click in the username field, paste, shift+tab (go backwards) paste in the password field
Case 2: use the Copy password shortcut (ctrl+shift+B)

Best regards,

Stefane Lavergne

signaturesignature

Clock4 yrs

So how do you use this new feature to copy both login and password?????

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
This feature monitor the clipboard to copy the password right after you pasted the username. So in a nutshell:

1. Click on Copy Username and Password
2. Paste once
3. Paste again

It's possible that it does not work if you have some third party installed that interfere with the process.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs