Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Host and username in status bar

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hello,
We have server version installed with unlimited client installs and we do a terminal server with a backend database. So what this has led to is we have the client install on several servers and we log in with many users needless to say it gets confusing where you are at when the client looks the same everywhere.

So my feature request is to add hostname and username is the status bar of client just so we could easily identify where we are at and who we are logged in with. I know this is not a feature that most would want as they are simpler structures but it would be helpful to us a great deal. And in the status bar would be ignorable to others.

And/or could you offer a theme like control in the ribbon->View to at least allow changing the color of the console so we could then possibly change the color of different users and servers. This would avoid accidental use of the administrator account on back end for example.

Thank You.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
I will add this to our todo list. I think it could be a good idea to add a setting for that. For example you could use variable for the statusbar label and customize the output.

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We will have this feature in RDM 12. It will be a setting in the status bar options (located in File > Options > User Interface > Status bar)

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs