Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

VPN - rasphone.pbk tool/editor?

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

A cool tool/add-on for RDM would be the ability to edit a .pbk file (where all the VPN connections are stored on a Windows machine). With the tool, you'd be able to edit a PBK file uploaded in the RDM database and edit/add more VPN connections so that other employees would access the VPN easily.

Clock3 yrs

Hi,
Would you need an editor or just the text editor could be good enough?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

David Hervieux wrote:

Hi,
Would you need an editor or just the text editor could be good enough?

Regards

Hi David,

I'm thinking a bit more than just a text editor. Perhaps some sort of "add VPN wizard" that could append to an existing .pbk file?

Something like that would save a whole lot of time for companies that offer level 2/3 support with many employees. At the moment, you have to create a VPN connection within Windows, and then within the RDM session properties, you would select that connection with the "Default phonebook" option, however this would only work on the machine the VPN connection was created with.

Adding a .pbk file to the database and updating it every so often solves the problem of creating VPN connections on every staff member's computer, it's just a hassle to keep editing the .pbk file with a text editor, a simple "Add VPN to PBK" wizard would be great. Am I making sense?

Clock3 yrs

You can place the 'rasphone.pbk' on a shared network location and then select that phonebook (instead of the default) in RDM VPN entries.
(I keep mine on a Onedrive location synced to a local folder on each pc and i have access to it from multiple pcs).
If you want to select/edit entries launch rasphone.exe:

rasphone.exe -f <path>\rasphone.pbk

See rasphone.exe command line options for other actions

Clock3 yrs