Forum / Password Vault Manager - Support

Enforce Security Policy to User on SQL-Connection

Hello,

we are testing PWV Enterprise with SQL Connnection and looking for some Security Policys.

When we use integrated AD Users, only the allowed Users can connect. So far so good.

Is there an option to enforce some program-settings like automatic lock of PWV and an setting to enforce a Password to open PWV ?

I think there must be something like that, because a PW Vault without central managed Security is not usabel :-)

Maybe you can help us.

thx

Wolfgang from Austria

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
You can enter an application password in the application option. File->Options

You can set also set the auto lock settings.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David,

i know this options but this is just local security. I cannot enforce an Masterkey for Application and Auto-Lock over the Datasource from central settings.

So I never know if all Users have this Options set.

Do you know how to enforce this ?

Same thing would be for RDM :-)

Thx

Wolfgang

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
For now I don't have a solution. Do you have a suggestion?

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi,

I think it would be the easiest way to implement such a feature to make Security settings datasource dependend, so we could set the features when we create roles and users in the datasource.

Everybody connecting to the datasource will get the Security-Features maybe with a checkbox enforce and override local settings.

I think the most needed feature would be the masterkey (for the Datasource) and the Autolock feature to secure access, maybe in future other people around here may have some more ideas :-)

I would be very happy if you try to make such a feature.

thx

Wolfgang

Clock6 yrs

What about an auto lock feature that ask for AD password. I think that we could validate the current logged user password.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

HI,

this maybe a good idea, a Mater-Key would be a second security, but AD-PW would be a start, if i could enforce it with the datasource :-)

thx

Wolfgang

Clock6 yrs

Hi

Is there already planned something to enforce a central security policy?
From our point of view, central options like automatic lock and entering a PW at startup are a must.

Regards
Benny

Clock6 yrs

@Benny

I have on my todo list to be able to enforce security setting. I hope to be able to add this for the next version.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David

Would be great if this could be done in Remote Desktop Manager too, because it allows users to open a RDP session with the Password Vault Manager credentials, allthough the application is locked...

Thanks
Benny

Clock6 yrs

HI

glad to read about this, because enforcing Security in a larger Admin-environment is a must for us.

Is there a timeline to get those features in RDM and PWV maybe in some betas ?

thx,

Wolfgang

PremiaFIT from Austria

Clock6 yrs

Hi,
This will be in the v9.0 for sure.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock6 yrs

Hi David

I've now installed PWV 5.0.1.0, but it looks like the security features described above aren't added yet.
There's a new setting in the Data Source Settings called "Force application security with windows credentials". What does this setting do? Ticking it does not force users to enter their pasword when logging in... The Online-Help still shows the V4 picture.

Regards
Benny

Clock5 yrs

I will verify if it's a bug with PVM because it work with RDM

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs

Hi,
It seems to work fine for me. Could you go in File->Options and send me a print screen of the Security tab page.

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock5 yrs