Forum / Remote Desktop Manager - Feature Request

Favorites more combined

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi,

When you select machines as favorite these will be visible in the favorites tab.
However the folder structrure is still in place.
It would be great to only see the sessions and not the folder structure.
See attachment.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

bff57b1c-a66e-441b-b16a-d76c056da790.tmb.png
Clock3 yrs

Hello,

We want to make this more intuitive in the future through a button in the ribbon, but you can change the favorites view to another supported one by right clicking in the blue bar, then selecting a different mode.

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-06-02 07-27-57.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hi,
why is there no list view for favorites without groups?

regards,
frAnk

Clock3 yrs

@Frank

What do you mean exactly? Have you tried the Tile or Detail view?

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi David,
i have tried both.

but in an old version from RDM i had a list view: only the name from the connection without any details.
it was more a compact view.

regards
frank

Clock3 yrs

Thank you for you feedback. I will check if we can bring it back

Regards

David Hervieux

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hello,

Would something like this work for your case? It would be under the "list" option and only show the names of the connections:

2016 08 30 15 42 45

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

2016-08-30 15-42-45.jpg
Clock3 yrs

Hi Hubert,
this is what i want!
ThX!

regards
frAnk

Clock3 yrs

Perfect, we will have this for the next version smile

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock3 yrs

Hi Hubert,

When will this be in? If I use the List option I still see the foldernames. I would like to see only the sessions as your screenshot you showed earlier.

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs

Hello,

This seems like an issue that has been reported by another of our users but we never found a fix for it since we couldn't reproduce it on our machines https://forum.devolutions.net/topic5017-favourites-panel.aspx#post98689

Is your RDM a fresh install or an updated version? It's a possibility that at one point we updated the third party we use for the list and when doing an update, the third party didn't properly override and it is causing the issue. I recommend trying a fresh reinstallation (you can back up your configuration file to make sure you don't lose any settings).

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Hi Hubert,
I have reviewed the link and it is indeed the exact same problem. However going over the troubleshooting Andrew did I do not seem to end up with the desired simple favourites list.
This was already something that I requested long ago so it does seem to be something in the application that is causing the foldernames to show up.
The list option in the recent items works fine however.
I can also reproduce this very quickly when I remove the RemoteDesktopManager user folder (basically resetting to default), create two sessions, each in a folder and make them favourite(local).

Isn't it something in the code that causes this?

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs

I checked the thread again as well as the code behind it and there is an option that wasn't explicitely said in the thread I believe. Could you go in File > Options User Interface > Favorites and uncheck the "show groups in the favorites list" option?

Regards,

Hubert Mireault

signaturesignature

Clock2 yrs

Bam! that's it. The magical setting that result in exactly what I wanted.
Thanks Hubert!

Cheers!

Sjoerd

Clock2 yrs