Forum / Remote Desktop Manager Mac - Support

Hanging or Not Responding on OSX

• Create an Issue
  • Cancel

Hi There

I used Remote Desktop Manager last night without any issues. This morning, its hangs every time I open the app. Its done this once before and I had to remove all the files relating to RDM in order to get this work again. At the moment, it just hangs when I open the app and after a long time, an error message similar to "request has timed out" appears.

Has anyone experienced this?

Im running OSX 10.11.4 with RDM 3.5.2.

Its unusable for me.

Thanks

Clock4 yrs

Hi Sylvester Pillay,

A newer version of RDM (3.5.3.0) is out. Could you try it? Here is where you can find it:
http://mac.remotedesktopmanager.com/Home/Download

If it still does not works there is a new option that helped a couple of other people with hang issues. The option is name Enable Action Queue and is in the Preferences -> Advanced tab:
EnableActionQueue

If you don't want to wait for the application to open (because of the hang), you can add this option directly into your config file. You should find it at the following path:
/Users/Devolutions33/Library/Application Support/com.devolutions.remotedesktopmanager/RemoteDesktopManager.cfg

Just add the following string <EnableActionQueue>true</EnableActionQueue> anywhere between the <Option></Option>, like so:
<Option>
<EnableActionQueue>true</EnableActionQueue>
<CheckForUpdateType>Beta</CheckForUpdateType>

Afterwards, start the app and inform me if it still hangs.

Best regards,

Xavier Fortin

signaturesignature

EnableActionQueue.png
Clock4 yrs